By Stephen Quinones
Title: Catalyst Miami Records, 1995-2014
Extent: 8.0 Boxes
Scope and Contents of the Materials
Founded in 1995 as the Human Services Coalition by Daniella Levine, Catalyst Miami is a non-profit community activist group. Utilizing a vast network of partner organizations and numerous initiatives, Catalyst seeks to equip the socially disadvantaged with financial and healthcare information, public benefits, and educational and economic opportunities. Through programs such as the Prosperity Campaign and Public Allies, Catalyst Miami promotes self-sufficiency, participation in civic life, organizational strength and respect.
This collection contains seven series including: Administrative Files, Initiatives, Conference Materials, Audiovisual Materials, and more. Within these series are various forms of correspondence, training materials, schedules and agendas, promotional materials, newspaper articles and photographs. The documents help reveal the social activist nature of the organization and shed light on some of the many accomplishments it has made through the years.
The collection is open for research.
Gift of Daniella Levine Cava, 2013.
1. University of Miami Initiative for Urban and Social Ecology.The Living Tradition of Coconut Grove. Coral Gables, Florida.: The University of Miami School of Architecture and INUSE, 2002
2. Little, Cheryl and Klarreich, Kathie. Securing Our Borders: Post 9/11 Scapegoating of Immigrants. Miami, Fl.: Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center, Inc., 2005
3. Roth, Daniel Shoer.The Starting Point: Punto de Partida - Stories of Truth & Hope. Miami, Fl.: Human Services Coalition, 2007
4. 3. Roth, Daniel Shoer.The Starting Point: Punto de Partida - Stories of Truth & Hope. Miami, Fl.: Human Services Coalition, 2007
Catalyst Miami Records, Special Collections, University of Miami Libraries, Coral Gables, Florida.
Processed by Stephen Quinones and David Young under the supervision of Beatrice Skokan (Manuscripts Librarian).
Box and Folder Listing
- Series 1: Administrative Files
- Box 1
- Folder 1: Organizational Information: Accounting & Finance, 1999-2012
- Folder 2: Organizational Information: Agenda & Meeting Minutes, 2001-2012
- Folder 3: Organizational Information: Awards & Honors, 2010-2012
- Folder 4: Organizational Information: Background Information & Framework, 2002-2013
- Folder 5: Organizational Informations: Board of Directors & Other Positions, 2007-2013
- Folder 6: Organizational Information: Board Manual, n.d.
- Folder 7: Organizational Information: Bylaws, 2011
- Folder 8: Organizational Information: Communications, n.d.
- Folder 9: Organizational Information: Community Partnerships, 2002-2012
- Folder 10: Organizational Information: Correspondence, 1998-2013
- Folder 11: Organizational Information: Evaluation Reports & Summaries, 1999-2012
- Folder 12: Organizational Information: GAP Commission, 1997
- Folder 13: Organizational Information: Grants & Donations, 2007-2012
- Folder 14: Organizational Information: Human Resources, n.d.
- Folder 15: Organizational Information: Memoranda, 1997-2012
- Folder 16: Organizational Information: Newspaper Articles, 2005-2010
- Folder 17: Organizational Information: Policies & Procedures, 2007-2012
- Folder 18: Organizational Information: Presentations, 2009-2013
- Folder 19: Organizational Information: Promotional Materials, n.d.
- Folder 20: Organizational Information: Proposals, 2002-2003
- Folder 21: Organizational Information: Publications, 1996-2011
- Folder 22: Organizational Information: Retreats, Schedules & Notes, 2002-2012
- Folder 23: Organizational Information: Assorted Materials, n.d.
- Folder 24: Strategic Planning: Correspondence, 2002
- Folder 25: Strategic Planning: Development Retreat, 2002
- Folder 26: Strategic Planning: Goals & Objectives, 2002
- Folder 27: Strategic Planning: Health Access, 2002-2003
- Folder 28: Strategic Planning: HSC Workplan, 2002
- Folder 29: Strategic Planning: Mobilizing Task Force, 1999-2000
- Folder 30: Strategic Planning: Organizational Matrix, 2000
- Folder 31: Strategic Planning: Strategic Framework, 2002
- Folder 32: Web Files, 2016
- Series 2: Initiatives
- Box 2
- Folder 1: Access through Action, 2006-2007
- Folder 2: Agatson Urban Nutrition Initiative (UNI), 2011
- Folder 3: Call to Action/C.H.A.I.N. Days: Binder, 2003-2007
- Folder 4: Call to Action/C.H.A.I.N. Days: Advocacy Corps Training, 2008
- Folder 5: Call to Action/C.H.A.I.N. Days: Healthcare Campaign, 2003-2005
- Folder 6: Call to Action/C.H.A.I.N. Days: Kid Care Campaign, 2005
- Folder 7: Call to Action/C.H.A.I.N. Days: Tallahassee Action Days, 2006-2007
- Folder 8: Call to Action/C.H.A.I.N. Days: Unified Campaign, 2001
- Folder 9: Call to Action/C.H.A.I.N. Days: Various Factsheets & Information, 2003
- Folder 10: Catalyst Champions Campaign, 2012
- Folder 11: Children's Trust, 2008-2010
- Folder 12: Civic Life: Parent Leadership Training Institute (PLTI), 2007-2013
- Folder 13: Coalition to Stop Adult Abuse, n.d.
- Folder 14: Community Health Assets Project, n.d.
- Folder 15: Covering Kids, 2002
- Folder 16: Emerging Transformational Leadership Program, n.d.
- Folder 17: Families In Touch (F.I.T.), n.d.
- Folder 18: Florida Institute for Family Involvement, n.d.
- Folder 19: Imagine Miami, 2004-2006
- Folder 20: Liveable Communities Collaborative, n.d.
- Folder 21: Miami-Dade Economic Advocacy Trust, 2011
- Folder 22: Miami Thrives, 2012
- Folder 23: Neighborhood Leadership Program (NLP), 2009
- Folder 24: Nonprofit Leadership Training Institute (NLTI), 2011
- Folder 25: Overtown Thrives, 2013
- Folder 26: Pennywise Campaign, 2009
- Folder 27: Prosperity Campaign: Brochures & Handouts, n.d.
- Folder 28: Prosperity Campaign: Disability Asset Summit, 2007
- Folder 29: Prosperity Campaign: Events, 2003-2011
- Folder 30: Prosperity Campaign: Journey to Prosperity, 2003-2006
- Folder 31: Prosperity Campaign: Newspaper Articles, 2003-2008
- Folder 32: Prosperity Campaign: Pathway to Prosperity, 2004
- Folder 33: Prosperity Campaign: Presentations, 2006
- Folder 34: Prosperity Campaign: Proposed Legislation, 2005-2006
- Folder 35: Prosperity Campaign: Prosperity Journal, n.d.
- Folder 36: Prosperity Campaign: Publications, n.d.
- Folder 37: Prosperity Campaign: Workplan, 2003-2005
- Folder 38: Prosperity Campaign: Assorted Materials, 2006-2011
- Folder 39: Public Allies, 2010-2012
- Folder 40: ReServe Miami: Advisory Council Dinner, 2011
- Folder 41: ReServe Miami: Brochures & Handouts, 2011
- Folder 42: ReServe Miami: Business Plan, 2012
- Folder 43: ReServe Miami: Correspondence, 2010-2012
- Folder 44: ReServe Miami: Fedcap Subsidiary Agreement, 2012
- Folder 45: ReServe Miami: Newspaper Articles, 2007-2009
- Folder 46: ReServe Miami: ReServe New York Materials, 2010
- Folder 47: ReServe Miami: Sustainability Plan, 2012
- Folder 48: ReServe Miami: Assorted Materials, 2010
- Folder 49: Rise Up to Meet the Road, 1997
- Folder 50: ReServe Miami: Self-Sufficiency Standard, 2007
- Folder 51: Student Success Center, 2011
- Folder 52: Trickle Up Campaign, 1999
- Folder 53: U R Knot Alone, 2007
- Folder 54: Unified Campaign, 2001
- Folder 55: Union of the Uninsured, n.d.
- Folder 56: Various Organizational Summits: Agenda & Summit Schedules, 2007
- Folder 57: Various Organizational Summits: Pre-Summit Training Materials
- Folder 58: Various Organizational Summits: Summit Reports, 1999
- Folder 59: Various Organizational Summits: Assorted Materials, 2002-2006
- Folder 60: Flyer: The Time is Now: Building a South FLorida Movement to Cut Poverty and Build Opportunity
- Advocates for the needs of low-income families. Lobbies for the creation of a strong anti-poverty movement in South Florida politics. The summit will feature speeches by Senator Dwight Bullard, City Comissioner Keon Hardemon, and others prominent in Florida politics
- Box 7: T-Shirts
- Box 8: T-Shirts
- Series 3: Conferences, Project Handbooks & Training Manuals
- Box 3
- Folder 1: AmeriCorps VISTA - In Service Training: Binder, 2006
- Folder 2: AmeriCorps VISTA - In Service Training: Assorted Materials, 2006
- Folder 3: Colorado Nonprofit Development Center: Project Handbook, 2003
- Folder 4: EQUIPO Team: Training Manual, n.d.
- Folder 5: FESS Project (Florida Economic Self-Sufficiency): Binder, 2007
- Folder 6: Florida Nonprofit Alliance: Briefing and Resource Book, 2012
- Folder 7: Florida Prosperity Partnership (FPP): Binder, 2009
- Folder 8: Florida Prosperity Partnership (FPP): Assorted Materials, n.d.
- Folder 9: Wider Opportunities for Women: Binder, 2008
- Folder 10: Wider Opportunities for Women: Assorted Materials, n.d.
- Series 4: Scrapbooks
- Box 4
- Item 1: 1997 HSC Scrapbook, 1997-1999
- Item 2: Scrapbook, 2000-2002
- Item 3: 2001 HSC Scrapbook, 2001-2006
- Item 4: HSC Scrapbook, 2002
- Series 5: Audiovisual Materials
- Box 5
- Item 1: Video Archives Binder, n.d.
- Assorted CD-Rs and DVD-Rs of related Catalyst Miami materials, events, and activities.
- Series 6: Research Files
- Folder 1: Correspondence, 1998-2011
- Folder 2: Department of Children and Families - Strategic Vision, 2011
- Folder 3: Newspaper Articles, 1996-2009
- Folder 4: Memoranda, 2002-2009
- Folder 5: Presentations, 2007-2012
- Folder 6: Publications, 1985-2007
- Folder 7: Publications, 2004-2012
- Folder 8: Reports & Research Papers, 1995-2012
- Folder 9: Assorted Materials, 2001-2011
- Series 7: Oversized Materials
- Series 8: Social Justice Web Collection - Catalyst Miami Records
- The collection archives the website of grassroots organizations concerned with immigration, poverty,affordable housing,gentrification, environmental justice and race relations. Advocacy groups include: Catalyst Miami, Florida Immigrant Coalition (FLIC), the Haitian Women of Miami (FANM), International Union of Operating Engineers (Local 487), Power U Center for Social Change and Take Back the Land.