By Cecilia Eyerman and Cory Czajkowski
Scope and Contents of the Materials
The Robert Huff Collection contains exhibit catalogs, postcards, flyers, gallery guides, and other ephemera documenting South Florida artists and art-related events in Miami, beginning in 1983. It includes materials from the Gloria Luria Gallery, the National Gallery of Sciences, and the Gallery of 24, as well as museums, and the Miami Book Fair. The collection also includes many documentations of South Florida scuplture and sculptors, along with many items relating to the work of South-Florida artist Robert Huff. The collection includes an oversized Raushenberg Tropic cover, signed "Bob".
Alternate Extent Statement:
0.50 linear ft.
This collection is open for research.
Gift of Barbara Young, 2016.
Robert Huff Collection, Special Collections, University of Miami Libraries, Coral Gables, Florida.
Box and Folder Listing
- Box 1
- Folder 1: Exhibit Catalog: Fellowship Catalogue - Florida Visual Artists, 1980-1981
- Compiled by the Division of Library Services, Division of Cultural Affairs, and the Florida Department of State.
- Folder 2: Exhibit Catalog: Bacardi Art Gallery presents Urban Sculpture, 1983
- A group exhibition of urban sculpture by Florida artists: Fernando Garcia, Robert Huff, Peter Kuentzel, Elliot Miller, Robert Thiele, Jean Ward, and William Ward.
- Folder 3: Exhibit Catalog and Flyers: Robert Huff, 1983-1998
- Item 1: Flyer: Invitation to Robert Huff exhibit, "The View From Manhattan" at The Gallery at 24, 1983
- Item 2: Flyer: Invitation to preview Robert Huff reception and exhibit, "Recent paintings and works on paper" at The Gallery of 24, 1984
- Item 3: Flyer: Invitation to Charles Dolgos and Robert Huff reception and exhibit at the South Miami Branch Library, 1984
- Item 4: Flyer: Invitation to Robert Huff exhibit, "Recent Works" at the Gallery of 24, 1986
- Item 5: Flyer: Invitation to Robert Huff exhibit, "Recent Paintings and Works on Paper" at the Frances Wolfson Art Gallery, 1991
- Item 6: Exhibit Catalog (2): Robert Huff exhibit, "Recent Paintings and Works on Paper" at the Frances Wolfson Art Gallery, 1991
- Item 7: Flyer: Inivitation to Robert Huff exhibit, "Recent Works" at the Arts Center at Okaloosa-Walton Community College, 1998
- Folder 4: Exhibit Catalog: Art Now/Southeast Gallery Guide, 1985
- Cover Photo: Robert Huff, Sentinal I, Gallery of 24, Bay Harbor, Florida.
- Folder 5: Exhibit Catalog: In-Site - Ten South Florida Sculptors, 1985-1986
- Folder 6: Exhibit Catalog and Flyers: Southeast: Sculpture, 1986
- Item 1: Exhibit Catalog: Southeast: Sculpture, April 4 - May 4, 1986
- Item 2: Flyers (2): Florida Gulf Coast Art Center, Opening Reception for Southeast: Sculpture and Thomas Koole: Translations Sculptural Proposals, 1986
- Folder 7: Exhibit Catalog: In Print Miami, 1986-1987
- Item 1: Exhibit Catalog: In Print Miami - "A collection of monotypes generated by use of a steam-roller at Miami Book Fair International, 1986." Featuring: Mary Lee Ataie, Carol S. Levy, Shahreyar Ataie, Arturo Rodriguez, Kabuya Pamela Bowens, Deborah Schneider, Robert Huff, Kenny Schneider, Adriano Lambe, Robert R. Thiele, Dinizulu Gene Tinnie, 1986
- Item 2: Flyer: Invitation to In Print Miami opening reception to meet the artisits, 1987
- Folder 8: Exhibit Catalog and Flyers: North Miami Museum and Art Center / Center of Contemporary Art, 1987-1993
- Item 1: Exhibit Catalog: New Age Art - Computer / Hologram / Laser / LED's / and Synthesized Sound, 1987
- Item 2: Flyer: Paperwork Six - Members' Preview, 1989
- Item 3: Flyer: Rethinking Sculpture / ARTiculate: Artist discussion of new trends in sculpture., 1993
- Folder 9: Exhibit Catalog: The Tallahassee Florida National, 1988
- The Florida State University Fine Arts Gallery & Museum, 1988.
- Folder 10: Exhibit Catalog: Tampa Triennial, 1988
- A juried competition of contemporary art from the twelve southern states.
- Folder 11: Exhibit Catalog: Gloria Luria Gallery Years: Florida Focus, 1992
- An exhibition curated by Gloria Luria with an essay by Dr. Paula Harper, Associate Professor of Art History at the University of Miami.
- Folder 12: Exhibit Catalogs: Sculpture Tour - Western Michigan University, 1993-1995
- Item 1: Exhibit Catalogs (2): Western Michigan University, 1993-1994 and 1994-1995. Includes artists' statements, exhibit maps, and photographs of installments.
- Folder 13: Exhibit Catalog and Flyer: Robert Huff - Sculpture and Paintings, 1997
- Item 1: Exhibit Catalog: Robert Huff - Sculpture and Paintings, Kendall Campus Art Gallery / Miami Dade Community College, 1997
- Item 2: Flyer: Opening reception and exhibit dates, 1997
- Folder 14: Exhibit Catalog: Collaboration - Celebrating 25 Years of Miami-Dade Art in Public Places, 1998
- Exhibit at the Main Library, Miami Dade Cultural Center.
- Folder 15: Exhibit Catalog: 48th Annual All Florida Juried Competition & Exhibition, 1999
- Includes a juror's statement and list of works.
- Folder 16: Exhibit Catalog and Flyer: Ink Diffrerent - A Print Exchange Exhibition and Fundraising Sale, 1999-2000
- Item 1: Exhibit Catalog: A Print Exchange Exhibition and Fundraising Sale in Conjunction with the 28th Southern Graphics Council Conference, 1999-2000
- Item 2: Flyer: Invitation to the opening reception for, "An Exhibition of Prints", 2000
- Folder 17: Exhibit Catalog: Florida Visual Art Fellowships, 2002-2004
- Celebrating the 25th Anniversary Exhibition, 1977-2002.
- Folder 18: Exhibit Catalog: Checklist of the Exhibition - Bass Museum of Art, 2001-2002
- Globe>Miami<Island at the Bass Museum of Art.
- Folder 19: Exhibit Catalog: Turning Pages - Celebrating South Florida Artist-made Books, 2003-2004
- Curated by Lea Nickless Verrecchia. A collection of books of various materials designed by select South Florida artists.
- Folder 20: Exhibit Catalog: Sculpture in the Landscape - an exhibition of 28 South Florida Artists on the grounds of the University of Miami, n.d.
- Folder 21: Flyers: Robert Huff, 1991-1995
- Item 1: Flyer: 25th anniversary year of the Gloria Luria Gallery, Opening Reception of Robert Huff's, "Recent Paintings", 1991
- Item 2: Flyer: Invitation from the President of the National Academy of Sciences to the reception opening for Robert Huff's, "Recent Paintings" at the corridor gallery and rotunda of the National Academy of Sciences. Invitation notes that Robert Huff will be present., 1995
- Folder 22: Flyer: Heavy Metal, A Survey of Works in Bronze and Steel, 1994
- Advertisement for a preview reception for "Heavy Metal". Featuring: Jean Claude Rigaud, David Russell, Russell, Jill Cannady, Claire Garrett, Joseph R. Ramsey, Claude Auguste Douyon, Jim Racchi, Freda Tschumy, and Richard Medlock.
- Folder 23: Flyers: Members' reception invitation to the opening of "HxWxL", 1994
- Flyers (2): The Brevard Art Center and Museum invites you to a members' reception celebrating the opening of "HxWxL".
- Folder 24: Flyer: Artists / Teachers, 1996
- Mailer for an exhibit at the Museum of Art, Fort Lauderdale. Featuring: Robert Huff, Robert Chambers, Joseph Davoli, Silvia Lizama, Robert Thiele, and Walter Darby Bannard.
- Folder 25: Flyers: Robert Huff - Form in Steel and Bronze / Sculpture, 2000-2001
- Item 1: Flyer: Robert Huff - Sculpture at Stetson University's Duncan Gallery of Art, Sampson Hall, 2000
- Item 2: Flyer: Form in Steel and Bronze, at the Gulf Coast Museum of Art, 2000-2001
- Folder 26: Flyer: Galleries Night in Ybor City, n.d.
- Featuring works by Robert Huff and Michael Felice.
- Folder 27: Newsletter: Insight - Miami-Dade Community College, Volume 10, Number 3, 1993
- Includes an article that profiles Robert Huff.
- Folder 28: Program: Dunedin Fine Art Center, 1996
- Exhibit entitled, "Dwellings" with a list of related programs. Featured artists include: Robert Huff, Peter Kuentzel, Christina Shmigel, and Charlotte Schulz.
- Box 2
- Folder 1: Raushenberg Tropic cover, signed "Bob", December 30, 1979