By Yvette Yurubi
Title: Florida Menu Collection, 1936-2016
Extent: 4.0 Boxes
Scope and Contents of the Materials
The Florida Menu Collection comprises of both vintange and contemporary menus originating from restaurants all around Florida, depicting a unique part of its culinary, agricultural, and commercial history. Origins of these menus currently include Miami, Miami Beach, Bradenton, Brandon, Coral Gables, Key West, Pembroke Pines, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, Hallandale, Kissimmee, and Jacksonville. New menus will be added periodicially to the collection as they are acquired.
The collection is open for research.
Copyright to these materials lies with the University of Miami. They may not be reproduced, retransmitted, published, distributed, or broadcast without the permission of Special Collection. For information about obtaining copies or to request permission to publish any part of an interview, please contact Special Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Florida Culinary History Collection
Florida Ephemera Collection
Florida Postcard Collection
Florida Promotional Materials Collection
Florida Menu Collection, Special Collections, University of Miami Libraries, Coral Gables, Florida.
Many menus were moved from the Florida Culinary History Collection in June 2016. Proccessed by Yvette Yurubi, 2016.
Box and Folder Listing
- Series I: Paper Menus
- Box 1
- Folder 1: Boynton Beach, FL - Tropical Acres, n.d.
- Folder 2: Boynton Beach, Fl - Tropical Island Restaurant, 2017
- Folder 3: Boca Raton, FL - American Association of Advertising Agencies, 1960
- Folder 4: Coconut Grove, FL - Macaron, 2017
- Folder 5: Coral Gables, FL - Mash Potatoes, 2015
- Folder 6: Coral Gables, FL - President Julio Frenk Inauguration Dinner, 2016
- Folder 7: Coral Gables, FL - The University Inn, n.d.
- Folder 8: Delray Beach, FL - Kavasutra, 2016
- Folder 9: Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Creighton's Restaurant, n.d.
- Folder 10: Ft. Lauderdale, FL - The Mouse Trap, n.d.
- Folder 11: Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Pal's, n.d.
- Folder 12: Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Ranch House, n.d.
- Folder 13: Hallandale, FL - Old Heidelberg, n.d.
- Folder 14: Hallandale, FL - The Hofbrauhaus, 1950s
- Folder 15: Hollywood Beach, FL - Hollywood Beach Hotel / Golf and Tennis Club, 1962
- Folder 16: Jacksonville, FL - Hotel George Washington, 1957
- Folder 17: Key West, FL - A & B Lobster House, 1947
- Folder 18: Key West, FL - Caribe Restaurant, 1955
- Folder 19: Key West, FL - Fun Bun Gardel Deli, n.d.
- Folder 20: Kissimmee, FL - Rodeo Diner, n.d.
- Folder 21: Marathon, FL - The Buccaneer Lodge, n.d.
- Folder 22: Miami, FL - Biscayne Room, n.d.
- Folder 23: Miami, FL - Casa Juancho, 2016
- Folder 24: Miami, FL - China City, Oriental Restaurant, n.d.
- Contains both a vintage and contemporary menu.
- Folder 25: Miami, FL - Clove, 2016
- Folder 26: Miami, FL - The Cottage Inn, 1942
- Folder 27: Miami, FL - Dr. Limon Ceviche Bar, 2013
- Folder 28: Miami, FL- Fufi Restaurant, n.d.
- Folder 29: Miami, FL - The Gallery, n.d.
- Folder 30: Miami, FL- Gazebo, n.d.
- Located in the Doral Hotel and County Club.
- Folder 31: Miami, FL - The Hotel McAllister, n.d.
- Folder 32: Miami, FL - The Hurricane Harbor Lounge, Biscayne Key, n.d.
- Folder 33: Miami, FL - Jake and the Cake, 2015
- Folder 34: Miami, FL - Kyu, 2016
- Folder 35: Miami, FL - The Local Craft Food & Drink, The Bridge, 2016
- Folder 36: Miami, FL - Pizza Johny's, n.d.
- Folder 37: Miami, FL - Plant Food + Wine, n.d.
- Folder 38: Miami, FL - Rose Bowl, 1941
- Folder 39: Miami, FL - S.S. Ariadne, n.d.
- Folder 40: Miami, FL - The Seven Seas, n.d.
- Box 2
- Folder 1: Miami Beach, FL - American Academy of Pediatrics, Ladies Fashion Luncheon, Empress Hotel, 1953
- Folder 2: Miami Beach, FL - The Beachcomber, n.d.
- Folder 3: Miami Beach, FL - Beachcraft, 2015
- Folder 4: Miami Beach, FL - Curry's Restaurant, n.d.
- Folder 5: Miami Beach, FL - The Carillon Hotel, n.d., 1960
- Contains two menus: Le Can Can and menu for dinner for the Officers of the Pompano Beach Vegetable Buyers Association. Folder also contains general hoten information and ephemera.
- Folder 6: Miami Beach, FL - The Dutch
- Folder 7: Miami Beach, FL - The Fontainebleau, n.d.
- Folder 8: Miami Beach, FL - The Hickory House, n.d.
- Folder 9: Miami Beach, FL - Hotel Algers, n.d.
- Folder 10: Miami Beach, FL - Jimmy de Nicola's Grist Mill, 1884, n.d.
- Folder 11: Miami Beach, FL - Joey's, n.d.
- Folder 12: Miami Beach, FL - Juniors, n.d.
- Folder 13: Miami Beach, FL - Lucky Rice Miami Feast, 2016
- Folder 14: Miami Beach, FL - Mother Kelly's, 1936
- Folder 15: Miami Beach - Nick and Arthur's Restaurant, n.d.
- Folder 16: Miami Beach, FL - Pickin' Chicken, n.d.
- Folder 17: Miami Beach, FL - Sherry Frontenac, 1957
- Folder 18: Miami Beach, FL - Sherry Normandie, n.d.
- Folder 19: Miami Beach and Fort Lauderdale, FL - Tony's Fish Market, n.d.
- Folder 20: Miami Beach, FL - Van Dyke Cafe, n.d.
- Folder 21: Miami Beach, FL - Wolfie's, 1950, 2013
- Contains vintage and contemporary menu.
- Folder 22: Palm Beach, FL - Testa's, n.d.
- Folder 23: Pompano Beach, FL - LHC, Chez Cafe, n.d.
- Folder 24: Tampa, FL - Chevy's, 1988
- Folder 25: Tampa, FL - Columbia, n.d.
- Folder 26: Tampa, FL - The Natural Kitchen, ca. 1970s-80s
- Folder 27: Treasure Island - Alva Bartke's Careless Navigator, n.d.
- Folder 28: Various Locations - Bahama Holland American LIne, 1962
- Folder 29: Various Locations - Buenos Aires Bakery and Cafe, n.d.
- Folder 30: Various Locations - Nahuen, n.d.
- Folder 31: Various Locations - Po Folk's Seafood, Chicken, and So Forth, 1983
- Folder 32: Various Locations - Sea Fare, n.d.
- Folder 33: Various Locations - S. S. Bahama Star, n.d.
- Folder 34: West Palm Beach, FL - The Original Grandma Sarah's, n.d.
- Folder 35: Fort Lauderdale, FL - Sunshine Grille, Good Morning, n.d.
- Box 5
- Folder 1: Coral Gables, FL - Spring Chicken, 2017
- 2 copies
- Folder 2: Doral and Key Biscayne, FL - Patagonia, 2017
- Folder 3: Lauderhill, FL - Woodlands, 2017
- Folder 4: Miami, FL - Niu Kitchen, 2017
- Folder 5: Miami Beach, FL - Cooper's, 1948
- Folder 6: Palm Beach, FL - Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa, 2017
- Series II: Caribbean and South American Menus
- Box 3
- Folder 1: Bermuda - Furness Bermuda Line, 1957
- Folder 2: Kingston, Jamaica - Myrtle Bank Hotel, 1957
- Series III: Oversized Menus
- Box 4
- Item 1: Miami Beach, FL - Osteria del Teatro, 2016
- Folder 1: Various Locations - C. S. S. Fairwind, n.d.