By Vanessa Tercero
Title: International AIDS Poster Collection, 1997-2002
Extent: 3.0 Folders
Languages: English, German, Portuguese
Scope and Contents of the Materials
This collection features several posters documenting the AIDs movement from the 80's to the present to educate people about the HIV/AIDs epidemic and prevent its spread in various countries of the world. Nations currently represented in the collection are Brazil, Germany, United States, and South Africa.
This collection is open for research.
International AIDS Poster Collection, Special Collections, University of Miami Libraries, Coral Gables, Florida.
Box and Folder Listing
- Folder 1: Brazil and Germany
- Item 1: A prevenção começa pelo diálogo. Conveser, aprenda e viva sem aids, 1997
- Brasil Minister of Health, Federal Government. 43 x 60 cm.
- Item 2: Aproveite Enjoy Aproveche, 2002
- Associação Brasileira Interdisciplinar de AIDS. Image of Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel painting of God reaching out toward Adam...with God holding a condom. 57 x 91 cm.
- Item 3: Há várias gerações os jovens se vestem para defender suas idéias. Agora, chegou a sua vez. Use camisinha, n.d.
- Brasil Minister of Health, Federal Governemnt. 44 x 64 cm
- Item 4: Proteger o seu bebê contra a aids e mais do que um dever. É um dereito, n.d.
- Brasil Minister of Health, Federal Government. 61 x 42 cm.
- Item 5: HIV positive: Wir haben Lust -wir haben Sex. Deutsche AIDS-Hilfe e.V, n.d.
- Germany. 33 x 23 cm.
- Folder 2: South Africa
- Item 1: Africa, We Care. We Can Make a Difference, n.d.
- South Africa Gaunteng AIDS Programme. 85 x 59 cm. 2 copies.
- Item 2: Be Wise Condomise!, n.d.
- South Africa Department of Health. List informing the public where condoms are available. 2 copies.
- Item 3: Department Messages. KZN [Kawasulu-Natal] Cabinet Aids Initiative, n.d.
- Aids related slogans from various Departments: e.g., Agriculture, "Cultivate Aids Free Nation." 84 x 59 cm.
- Item 4: Gender Equality. Shared Responsibility/ Joint Decision Making. World Population Day, 11 July, n.d.
- 62 x 42 cm.
- Folder 3: United States of America
- Item 1: Reaching out...because no one is untouched by AIDS, 2000
- Washington DC: U.S. Agency for International Development. 43 x 61 cm. 2 copies.
- Item 2: SFSU World Aids Day, 2002
- San Francisco State University. 60 x 49 cm. Laminated.